I 'm using Greenhopper 5.7 , and wanted to edit the versions parent

like ..

Release 1 :-

. sprint 1

. sprint 2

Release 2:-

. Sprint 3

. Sprint 4

I added project versions from the project management part. Then when i go to the planning board, parent part on the card is not editable!!. No matter what I do.

Thanks ..

Tamer

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nicholas Muldoon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2011

Thanks for the update.

Can you both please raise support requests. I can not replicate the issue on my OnDemand instance, nor can I replicate it on a local instance. The support engineers will need to take a look into this in more detail.

Thank you.

Regards,
Nicholas Muldoon

0 votes
Rahul Choudhury November 2, 2011

I have the same problem and would like to the answer/workaround. My post is at https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/18975/green-hopper-on-demand-setting-up-version-hierarchy-relationship-does-not-work

The goal is to create hierarchical relationship among versions inside GreenHopper. However the "parent" field is not editable. (We are using Atlassian On Demand).

Tamer MAher November 2, 2011

@Rahul: This is exactly my case.

While steps 6 and 7 in the link you provided were working when i was on download version with other teams.

0 votes
Nicholas Muldoon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2011

Hi Tamer,

A few queries to clarify:

- Are you looking to edit the details of the parent? ie, change the name from "Release 1" to "Release A", or amend start and end dates?

- Can you drag a card from Release 1 to Release 2 successfully?

- Is this a new problem? For instance, did you recently upgrade and lose this functionality?

Could you also attach an image to show what you are trying to edit.

Thanks Tamer,

Nicholas Muldoon

Rahul Choudhury November 2, 2011

I have the exact same problem and would like to the answer/workaround. My post is at https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/18975/green-hopper-on-demand-setting-up-version-hierarchy-relationship-does-not-work

The goal is to create hierarchical relationship among versions inside GreenHopper. However the "parent" field is not editable. (We are using Atlassian On Demand).

Tamer MAher November 2, 2011

HI Nicholas

Regarding your questoins:-

. I want to edit parents so that i can arrange the hierarchy and so can have special durndown curves..

like this hierarchchy:-

Full Project -> Release 1 -> Sprint 1

That stuff was really working on download version i 've worked on before and was really perfect.

. Yes , can drag cards successfully

. This is a complete new installation.. This is the first time i use OnDemand. This is not an upgrade or migration from another installation.

Suggest an answer