Edit issue screens customisable by transition ?

Pilar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2015

Hi

I have a checkbox type custom field say ABC

I want to make the custom field visible (and therefore editable) via edit button when the status is in Progress  but NOT visible (and therefore not editable) on edit issue screen when issue is in Open.

As i understand the edit issue screen is defined in the screen scheme and there is no way to customise it by transition. But what are my options here?

Is it possible?

2 answers

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2015

A few add-on's can offer this features, so that is your best option. Search the marketplace for Custom Field plugins (there are many  to choose from). 

You can also create a javascript on the page and do what you like, I know a few teams who do it this way. Javascripts can be inserted in any JIRA page or in the JIRA Custom Field description.

Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 8, 2015

Hi Gabriella. JS in field descriptions is not working in current JIRA versions so I would advise against it. Cheers

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 8, 2015

Agreed. I am against it too.

0 votes
Rodrigo Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 7, 2015

Hello Pilar,

Please check this previous answer to get more details about that.

Regards,

Rodrigo Rosa

Suggest an answer