Edit issue reply subject row

Kalle Hoppe August 15, 2013

Hi!

We just started using Jira on demand.

I have set up so that our customers can email in issues to us. Some customers need to have their own case number at the start of the subject line. I just can't seem to find a way to edit the subject line template of the response emails sent back to our customers.

How can I do that?

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 15, 2013

I'm afraid OnDemand does not yet support the option of customising emails to this level. I assume you are using a custom field to capture their case number - if you were on Download, you'd be able to include that in the mails.

Kalle Hoppe August 22, 2013

Ok , too bad.

No, the case number comes in the subject line and jira responds with it's own ID and then prepends the original subjec, e.g. [JIRA] (CUST1-70) Case 100500817

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 22, 2013

Ah, so it's completely done in the subject line.

It is a shame we can't edit the emails on OnDemand. I suspect it's mostly because there's no UI for it in the core of Jira (you have to mess around with raw velocity files and restart your Jira), and it would be too onerous for OnDemand support to have to do that for every customer.

Suggest an answer