Edit Issue Status

Luke Deniston July 1, 2013
How can I manually edit the status of an issue? If a team member accidentally progresses an issue how can I easily go back? If someone says I need to create a new transition for every single step of my workflow I am going to bang my head on my desk until I pass out.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2013

I was trying to find out a nice way to say this, to prevent you from destroying that desk, but "you are spot on" is the best I have ;)

2 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2013

We did a work around by creating a status called 'fix it' and creating a transition from every status to it and from it to every status. Then we protected the transition so only the project lead could execute it and they were forced to select a reason from a select list with values like Wrong issue updated, new information, and a couple more. Then the manager was sent an email when the transtion was executed. We had found it was usually sloppy work that caused the issue to be moved incorrectly and the need to use it dropped off when managers started asking why issues were being handled incorrectly.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2013

Yup. Status is NOT a field, it's an indicator of where you are in the workflow. So, to change status, you need to move the issue through the workflow.

I hope your desk is well cushioned...

Suggest an answer