Edit Box grows smaller while typing...

Norbert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2012

Hi

If i type text into a multi line Editbox it gets smaller while typing (only the height)
It happens on Firefox 9 & 10 and IE 9.

using Jira 4.4.4
The was also in 4.4.3 (occurred after upgrading from 4.3.x to 4.4.3)

it's not a big problem, only annoying :(
because it only gets small as the text in the editbox
(e.g. you have two line of text, the edit box shrinks two the hight of the two line)

Happens to all multi line Edit boxes in JIRA (AFAIK)

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Norbert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2012

This is a bug in JIRA 4.x
Currently no solution availabe,
Workaround change the zoom faktor of the webbrowser.

It should be already fixed in Version 5 of Jira..

Beth Schaefermann
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 11, 2012

I like that you came back to report an update and closure on the Q.

1 vote
Beth Schaefermann
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 24, 2012

I linked your question to the reported bug here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-25605. Consider watching or voting on it if you have interest.

Suggest an answer