Eclipse Connector: Can't sync queries anymore, submit fails

Karsten Silz April 22, 2013

I use the Spring Tool Suite 3.2 (the Eclipse 3.8 version) on OS X 10.8.3. I've connected to the on demand JIRA for a couple of months now through Mylyn / Atlassian Connector for Eclipse, all working fine. Then last week, I got an "Unexpected error 303" with Mylyn, so I upgraded to the Atlassian Connector 3.2.1. Now I can login again, create tasks and synchronize tasks, but I got two problems:

• Synchronizing JIRA queries hangs: I can add them, but syncing them sits at 0% forever. I deleted all my old queries and put one back (a pre-defined query from JIRA that was recognized correctly), but the result is the same - no data coming in.
  • Updating JIRA issues fails: I tried to update a task from within Eclipse, but it errored out with an "Submit failed: Setting both Original and Remaining Estimate is not supported in Legacy Mode." I don't see a way to disable the setting of these estimates.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Karsten Silz April 23, 2013
  • Thank you for fixing the "Submit" failed - that did it.
  • As for the query syncing hanging: There was nothing in the error view, the query works in the browser, and I had deleted and re-added the query. After at least one Eclipse restart, the error message changed to "Login failed, captcha may be required". Then I logged out of JIRA OnDemand in the browser and logged back in, and then finally the queries synced. :-)
0 votes
Karsten Silz April 24, 2013

See my comment above for the answer.

0 votes
jjaroczynski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2013

Hi Karsten,

Regarding the "Submit failed", you need to disable legacy mode in JIRA time tracking settings. That will solve the sumbit error if you try to set original estimate from within Eclipse.

Regarding the issue retrieval process. Is there anything in the Eclipse error log view?
What happens if you right mouse click the query and select 'Open in Browser', can you see the correct list of issues?
Can you also try to delete query and create it from scratch?

Cheers,
Jacek

Suggest an answer