Eazybi: Average WORKDAYS in transition status?

Neal Johnson February 10, 2016

Be default a Measures calculated member exists which computes average days in status where status is defined via Transition Status selection.

I am trying to do this same activity but only looking counting Workdays. I feel counting weekends skew the results I'm looking for.

I found documentation for workdays in regards to task resolution, but have struggled when trying to apply it to days in transition status.

Average Resolution Workdays
Avg(
Filter(
Descendants([Issue].CurrentMember, [Issue].[Issue]),
DateInPeriod([Issue].CurrentMember.get('Resolved at'),
[Time].CurrentHierarchyMember) AND
([Time].CurrentHierarchy.DefaultMember,
[Measures].[Issues resolved]) > 0
),
DateDiffWorkdays([Issue].CurrentMember.get('Created at'),
[Issue].CurrentMember.get('Resolved at'))
)

Has anyone done this before?

3 answers

0 votes
tal somech February 6, 2017

hey,

I see that eazybi version 4.2.0 as well as in eazyBI for JIRA Cloud supports this feature.

Here's a post explaining how to enable it (look at the Time dimension section)

https://docs.eazybi.com/display/EAZYBIJIRA/JIRA+Issues+Import

0 votes
tal somech February 5, 2017

hey Lauma,

Is there any update about this feature.

I would like to show working days in transition status too.

Thanks

Tal

0 votes
Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2016

Hi Neal!

At the moment, eazyBI does not have a convenient way to calculate Workdays in transition status. Such feature is added to the development queue, but I am not able to give you any forecasts yet.

As issue can get in and out of the status several times then "Days in transition status" is a pre-calculated measure used for 'Average days in transition status'. DateDiffWorkdays(), like DateDiffDays(), works between two dates, it can't be added to a single measure, like a "Days in transition status". 

Currently what I can suggest is to use Jira Misc plugin to calculate workdays in transition status. You can get the dates of transitions and calculate the workdays between these dates with this plugin and then import them to eazyBI.
More about Jira Misc https://docs.eazybi.com/display/EAZYBIJIRA/JIRA+Misc+Custom+Fields . 

If you are ready to use this plugin and would need assistance to create some calculations to get workdays in particular transition status, please let me know to support@eazybi.com!

Kind regards,
Lauma / support@eazybi.com 

Suggest an answer