Hi All,

Looking for something like this:

CASE WHEN [Measures].[Issue Status] = 'To Do'
THEN
[Measures].[Days in transition status] /
[Measures].[Transitions from status]
END

That's not correct but what I am looking for is:

1. The average time it takes for an issue to go from "To Do" --> "In Progress"
  2. The average time it takes for an issues to go from "In Progress" -> "Resolved"

I need these two plus issues created on a chart.

I can get the issues created along with average time to resolution showing on one but I need the custom code to get get the above on that same chart.

Any help / Ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Colm

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
eazyBI Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 1, 2016

Hi Colm,

you can use standard calculated measure "Average days in transition status" together with particular transitions to get average days spent between those transitions.

Create two calculated measures using a tuple from this measure and particular Transition dimension member. Example for average days spent for To Do -> In Progress:

(
[Measures].[Average days in transition status],
[Transition].[To Do => In Progress]
)

Then use those two measures and measure "Issues created" in columns together with needed dimension in Rows and Pages.

For further questions or report elaboration, please, contact support@eazybi.com .

Ilze,

eazyBI Customer Support Consultant

Sarath March 26, 2019

Hi, what does this mean? 

"To Do => In Progress"

Sir Mārtiņš Vanags
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2019

Hi,

This seems the error due to copying the code into Atlassian Community page and converting special characters

Try using this code instead:

(
[Transition].[To Do => In Progress]
)

This would describe the transition from "To Do" status to "In Progress"

Martins / eazyBI support 

Like # people like this
0 votes
Na April 27, 2021

Hello, 

If I need to measure average working time from when a task is in progress until it is solved, taking away the time you spend in an impeded or blocked state

¿?

[Transition].[In Progres-->Resolveds] - [Transition].[blocked]

Suggest an answer