• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

EazyBI: Wrong rows returned by Time filter

Hi @eazybi and @eazyBI Support,
I created a report that counts the number of issue (on JIRA) of a specific type using custom measures, and filtering for projects and creation time using standard dimensions.

With the time filter "All Times", I see this result:

1.png

, and if I go on the Pie chart for drilling through the epics:

2.png

, the correct epics (and total number) are returned:

3.png

---

Now, I want to filter the epics created today (Jan 18) using the same measures: in the Table chart the right row Epic is returned, but I see that the sum on the project returns ALL the epics anyway:

4.png

, and if I go on the Pie chart for drilling through the epics:

5.png

are returned all the epics indifferently from the Time filter, instead of the only 1 highlighted:

6.png

This is the measure in question:
CASE
  WHEN [Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember.Level.Name = 'Project' THEN
    SUM(
      Descendants([Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember, [Issue].[Issue]),
      CASE WHEN [Measures].[Issue Tipologia Waste] = 'Raw Waste' AND [Measures].[Issue type] = 'Epic' THEN
        [Measures].[Issues created]
      END
    )
  WHEN [Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember.Level.Name = 'Issue' THEN
    CASE WHEN [Measures].[Issue Tipologia Waste] = 'Raw Waste' AND [Measures].[Issue type] = 'Epic' THEN
    END
END
(I did the same measure for the types 'Story' and 'Sub-task' too).

I really need a hand with this problem, if anyone could help me I would be grateful !

Thank you,
-FF-

1 answer

Hi, 

Thank you for the detailed information.

When you do Drill through issues, all calculations are done at the issue level. In your measure, there is explicitly said that only if the Issue dimension level is "Project", sum by "Issues created" should be applied (which is always calculated in the report context, in other words, takes into account Time selected in Pages); otherwise (i.e. at issue level) count "1" (which is not report context-related, therefore, is not related to the selected Time dimension).

Though, rather than going through issues descendants, I would suggest using a tuple instead. The following measure would return the number of Raw Waste epics created in the selected time period per selected value in the report rows; there is also no need to specify the calculation by Issue dimension levels.

([Measures].[Issues created],
[Tipologia Waste].[Raw Waste],
[Issue type].[Epic])

Do similar calculations for all other issue types (Story and Sub-task).

Note: "Tipologie Waste" must be imported as a dimension first!

You may want to check out more about tuples, as this is one of the most efficient constructions in MDX calculations: https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybi/learn-more/training-videos/training-videos-on-specific-topics#Trainingvideosonspecifictopics-MDX:Understandingtuples(30min)

Best,

Ilze / support@eazybi.com

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you