EazyBI Time spent between transitions

Liliya Sapogovskaya June 12, 2017

Hi,

I want to know how much time was spent  for rework after testing was failed. But currently I don't have the status "Rework" or kind of.

Is it possible to get the report how much time was logged between the transitions: Testing=>Development and Development=>Testing?

1 answer

1 vote
CollinM June 12, 2017

Step 1:

Make sure you're importing Statuses and history

Step 2:

Add measures to your column box and select 'Days in Transition Status' and 'Open Issues' assuming you only want to look at open issues

Step 3:

Add Transtitions to your Row box.  Search and Bookmark the transtions you want to see data on.  

Step 4:

Add issues underneath Transitions to see the issue names

transition import.jpgSnip 2017-06-12 09.51.26.pngSnip 2017-06-12 09.51.41.png

Snip 2017-06-12 09.52.14.png

Hope that helps!

Collin

Hi Collin,

Thank you for your response, but your solution doesn't work for me.

"Days in Transition Status" shows how many days each issue has stayed in status. I want to get logged time between two transitions. 

It could be great if I can get a transition date, so it will be possible to compare dates, but it looks like EazyBI doesn't provide this information. 

CollinM June 12, 2017

I see what you're saying.  Maybe these fields would work.  I've crossed out issue names as I don't have fake data to try this with.

Snip 2017-06-12 11.18.44.png

Unfortunately no, 

With this dates it's not clear when the task was moved from testing to development and from development to testing. 

Just a small example: QA engineer moved the task from Testing to Development on the 5th of June. 

Developer has logged some time (5 hours) for the task and moved it to Testing at 7th of June.

Eventually I want to get this 5 hours (not 2 days or anything else).

I thought if I know the dates of this events, I can analyze how much time developer logged for each task.

Sorry that the original question wasn't correctly described.

Suggest an answer