Easy way to move ideas from low to high priority in Portfolio

Sigita Martinaityte January 23, 2018

I want to move ideas from priority 534 (as an example) to 19. Currently, I have to find the Idea 534 in Portfolio and after clicking with the mouse on drag option also scroll my mouse to get to the position I would like to have it at. This is really inconvenient as I have to do this action many many times and time-consuming. Is there are an easier way to move Idea priority from far back to the front (manual type in somewhere maybe)?

1 answer

0 votes
Tyler Brown
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2018

Hey Sigita,

Our team implemented a "Global Rank" field system which may be able to help you out.

We created a field called "Global Rank" which is just a number field and included it on all of our relevant screens.

Then we changed all our boards to sort based on Global Rank instead of JIRA Rank, this made all of our boards and Portfolio project sort everything by "Global Rank" instead.

While you cannot actually edit the field in Portfolio, it should make it easier for you to move issues up and down your priority list easier.

Hope this helps,

Tyler

Suggest an answer