Easy Agile User Story Map - Alter fields of the Issue Preview Editor

Deleted user October 1, 2019

The Easy Agile User Story Map add-in v6.0 comes with a new Issue Preview Editor, but there doesn't seem to be any public documentation about how to configure it.

Can the list of fields shown on the Issue Preview Editor screen be altered and, if so, can that be done per Project or per a Jira native Screen Scheme etc?

Untitled.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Satvik Sharma October 1, 2019

Hi David,

Thanks for reaching out. The issue preview editor currently shows the following fields:

* Summary
* Description
* Components
* Assignee
* Versions
* Status

The editor can also display any single-line text or number custom fields. In order for these custom fields to be displayed in the issue preview editor, those custom fields must be on the 'Edit Issue' screen.

I hope this helps answer your question.

Regards,
Satvik Sharma
Developer, Easy Agile

Deleted user October 1, 2019

Hi Satvik

I have a range of other fields, both custom and Jira defaults, on the Edit Issue screen, but they don't seem to appear on the Issue Preview Editor. Maybe that's because they are multi-line text, drop-down selectors, and others like Labels etc.

Without the ability to directly set the fields shown on the Issue Preview Editor, it doesn't have that much value to our team. It mostly just gets in the way of the user opening the Issue from the Story Map and changing the fields that really need to be changed based on the project or board functionality.

Maybe easy Agile will add that feature some time in the future.

Satvik Sharma October 28, 2019

Hi David,

We definitely have plans to improve our Issue Preview Editor in the future. Once we add support for a field type, any fields of that type on the Edit screen for the issue type should show up.

It would be great to know what fields or type of field you'd want added first to help prioritise improvements to the Issue Preview Editor.

Additionally, you can now right click or Ctrl + click on an issue key from v6.0.2 onwards to bypass the Issue Preview Editor and go directly to the issue.

Regards,
Satvik Sharma
Developer, Easy Agile

Deleted user October 28, 2019

Hello Satvik

It would be nice to be able to choose which fields appear on the Issue Preview Editor so as to turn it a 'mini' issue editor, just like the Issue Detail View in the Jira Backlog. Right clicking or Ctrl clicking opens the full issue editor page, so that negates the concept of a mini editor.

Fields such as Description, Components or Versions are rarely changed by our users once they are set. They are more likely to add Comments, change Labels, set the Status, update time estimates, change other custom fields etc.

Satvik Sharma November 4, 2019

Hi David,

Thanks for that feedback. I've just had a look at our backlog and we do have issues to support labels and comments. We shipped the ability to change the issue status in v6.0.1.

I've linked these tickets to the issue for this thread in our Service Desk so we can reach out to you once these other fields are available. I've also added one for time tracking to our backlog so we can reach out for that too.

Regards,
Satvik Sharma
Developer, Easy Agile

Deleted user November 4, 2019

Thanks Satvik for the udpate.

I think that, ultimately, being able to choose which fields to view / edit via the Preview Editor is the best solution, as other people in other companies probably have totally different needs what I've described; they may have no use for quickly viewing or editing the labels, comments or time of an issue, but some other fields are much more important, and that would vary from project to project.

Satvik Sharma December 23, 2019

Hi David,

Sorry for the late response. We've decided to take the approach of matching the Edit Screen when we can support a field type.

So, you should be able to configure what's most important to you, just the same as you would in Jira and the experience remains the same.

Regards,
Satvik Sharma
Developer, Easy Agile

Steve Bumbalough November 15, 2020

This still doesn't give me the ability to determine which fields I can display on the Preview Editor.  Am I missing something?

Satvik Sharma November 15, 2020

Hi Steve,

We use the "Edit Issue" screen from Jira to determine which fields are shown in the Preview Editor. However, the fields are then cut down to the types of fields we support. For more information please look at this FAQ page on our docs site: https://docs.easyagile.com/easy-agile-user-story-maps/faq-easy-agile-user-story-maps/technical-faqs-easy-agile-user-story-maps/

Regards,
Satvik Sharma
Developer, Easy Agile

Andrey Ponomarenko February 5, 2021

Hi @Satvik Sharma !

Somehow all not fields from Edit Screen are forwarded to issue preview screen on our USM.

Here is example:

Below is issue preview on USM:

https://ibb.co/k4x5dbj

And fields configuration on Edit Screen:

https://ibb.co/kyNbYmJ

We want to see on a preview "Priority" field and custom field(checkbox) "Requirements actual?".

Why do not we see them and how can we fix that?

Thanks in advance

Jasmin Iordanidis February 7, 2021

Hi Andrey,

Thanks so much for your question and feedback on the fields available on the issue view for Easy Agile User Story Maps. 

The issue view currently shows the following fields:

• Summary

• Description

• Components

• Assignee

• Versions

• Status

• Sprint

The following field types are also supported, provided they are on the ‘Edit Issue’ screen being used by your Project:

• Single & multi-line text fields

• Single & multi-select list fields

• Numeric fields

We have an issue on our backlog for both priority and custom field check boxes being available on issue view, and I have incremented these with a customer vote on your behalf and will be sure to update this thread once that has been actioned in the future. 

Many thanks, and please do reach out if you have any further questions. 

Jasmin Iordanidis
Easy Agile Team

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events