Easiest way to link user's two JIRA instances?

Justin Emsoff December 7, 2015

Consider the following problem:

• User has one JIRA instance for internal work at company1.atlassian.net
  • User has a separate JIRA instance for issues from another company, company2.atlassian.net
  • User needs to be able to view, edit, and manage all issues, boards, and content from company2's instance in company1's instance. 
  • User's edits, statuses, etc must be synced across the two instances. 

What is the easiest way to achieve this? I'm comfortable with the JIRA API if that's what's necessary, but I was hoping there's an easier way that I just haven't found yet. 

2 answers

3 votes
roman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2017

Hi Justin,

Another solution you could have a look at is Backbone Issue Sync for JIRA. It also allows you to keep multiple JIRA instances in sync with fine-granular control on which issue types and fields you want to synchronize.

If I understood correctly from your list you are want to link two Cloud JIRA instances. Please have a look at the help article on how to achieve this with Backbone: https://help.k15t.com/backbone-issue-sync/latest/how-can-i-synchronize-two-jira-cloud-instances-with-each-other-119842136.html

If there are any questions, feel free to reach out to us. We're happy to help.

Cheers,
Roman.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2015

Check out ConnectAll. It is a standalone product you can use to sync issues from one instance to another.

Suggest an answer