ERROR 500 WHEN ACCESSING ATTACHEMENT AFTER IMPORT

JIRA Kris December 17, 2014

Hello,

I have been encoutering issues when trying to import projects from a cloud JIRA instance to another cloud JIRA instance.

Since the import of my projects into my target  cloud instance, I have got the following error message (see below) when trying to access an attachment of a project issue.

Could you please help me ton resolve this error?

Is it possible that someone of the support team access my JIRA cloud instance to resolve this issue faster?

Thanks in advance,

Kris

Technical details
Cause
Referer URL: <THE-ISSUE-URL>
com.atlassian.jira.issue.attachment.NoAttachmentDataException: Remote blobstore couldn't find an entry for attachment 18100
com.atlassian.jira.issue.attachment.NoAttachmentDataException: Remote blobstore couldn't find an entry for attachment 18100
at com.atlassian.jira.issue.attachment.store.BlobStoreAttachmentStore$4.get(BlobStoreAttachmentStore.java:114)
at com.atlassian.jira.issue.attachment.store.BlobStoreAttachmentStore$4.get(BlobStoreAttachmentStore.java:110)
at com.atlassian.fugue.Option$2.fold(Option.java:377)
at com.atlassian.jira.issue.attachment.store.BlobStoreAttachmentStore$16.apply(BlobStoreAttachmentStore.java:381)
at com.atlassian.jira.issue.attachment.store.BlobStoreAttachmentStore$16.apply(BlobStoreAttachmentStore.java:377)
at com.atlassian.fugue.Either$Right.fold(Either.java:392)
at com.atlassian.jira.issue.attachment.store.BlobStoreAttachmentStore$15.apply(BlobStoreAttachmentStore.java:366)
at com.atlassian.jira.issue.attachment.store.BlobStoreAttachmentStore$15.apply(BlobStoreAttachmentStore.java:362)
at com.atlassian.util.concurrent.Promises$Of$1.apply(Promises.java:263)
at com.atlassian.util.concurrent.Promises$2.onSuccess(Promises.java:185)
at com.google.common.util.concurrent.Futures$7.run(Futures.java:1098)
at com.google.common.util.concurrent.MoreExecutors$SameThreadExecutorService.execute(MoreExecutors.java:253)
at com.google.common.util.concurrent.ExecutionList$RunnableExecutorPair.execute(ExecutionList.java:161)
at com.google.common.util.concurrent.ExecutionList.execute(ExecutionList.java:134)
at com.google.common.util.concurrent.AbstractFuture.set(AbstractFuture.java:171)
at com.google.common.util.concurrent.Futures$ChainingListenableFuture$1.run(Futures.java:872)
at com.google.common.util.concurrent.MoreExecutors$SameThreadExecutorService.execute(MoreExecutors.java:253)
at com.google.common.util.concurrent.ExecutionList$RunnableExecutorPair.execute(ExecutionList.java:161)
at com.google.common.util.concurrent.ExecutionList.add(ExecutionList.java:105)
at com.google.common.util.concurrent.AbstractFuture.addListener(AbstractFuture.java:156)
at com.google.common.util.concurrent.Futures$ChainingListenableFuture.run(Futures.java:865)
at com.google.common.util.concurrent.ExecutionList.execute(ExecutionList.java:134)
at com.google.common.util.concurrent.AbstractFuture.set(AbstractFuture.java:171)
at com.google.common.util.concurrent.SettableFuture.set(SettableFuture.java:53)
at com.atlassian.util.concurrent.Executors$DefaultSubmitter$CallableRunner.run(Executors.java:62)
at com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LimitedExecutor$Runner.run(LimitedExecutor.java:93)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

2 answers

0 votes

Below are some details on how I try to do the import.

Step 1: Get the data

From the source JIRA cloud instance,

After I logged in as an administrator. I go to System> IMPORT & EXPORT > Backup Manager

then:

• I created and downloaded a first backup zip file, with attachment automatically included. In the following, i denote it BACKUP-ZIP-NUM-1
  • Later I also created and downloaded a first backup zip file, but with no attachment automatically included. In the following, i denote it BACKUP-ZIP-NUM-2
  • I also dowloaded a zip file JIRA-attachments.zip This file was already created. From it I created a new ZIP file which root folder is the folder /attachments from the  JIRA-attachments.zip\data\jira\home\data\ 
    • In the following, i denote it ATTACHMENT-ZIP

Step 2: Uploading archive on <TARGET-JIRA-ROOT-URL>/webdav

• So far I have uploaded all archives listed above using BitKinew 3.2.3 from Windows 7 OS
  • Archives seem to have been correctly uploaded (the size displayed on the html page is correct)

Step 3: Trying to import the projects

From the target JIRA cloud instance,

After I logged in as an administrator. I go to System> IMPORT & EXPORT > JIRA IMPORT

• Method 1:
    • I selected the file BACKUP-ZIP-NUM-1 as value of the field JIRA Export
    • Other fiels are left unselected
    • Then I selected the checkbox for the original URL
    • I pressed Update URls
    • I left "Enable" button for Outgoing Mail selected and pressed Start Import
    • The import task processed
    • After a few minutes a message saying the success of the import is displayed
    • But I got the error said in my previous comment
  • Method 2:
    • The same method except that
      • I selected the file BACKUP-ZIP-NUM-1 as value of the field JIRA Export
      • and I selected the file ATTACHMENT-ZIP for the Attachment field
  • Method 3:
    • The same method except that
      • I selected the file BACKUP-ZIP-NUM-2 as value of the field JIRA Export
      • and I selected the file ATTACHMENT-ZIP for the Attachment field

Do not hesitate to ask more questions, I will reply as fast as I can.

Is there a way I can send you in private my phone number or connection Ids to the cloud instances?

Thanks,

Kris

[EDIT]

[17-12-2014 7:21 PM (local hour)]

I have just tried to upload a new backup zip file but now it fails.
Is there a limit of the number or size of files uploaded on webdav?

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2014

If you are using a direct link to the attachment, that could be the issue. The ids of the attachments would have changes after the import and so the old links might not be valid anymore.

Does it happen when you click on the attachments on "View Issue" page as well?

Yes, After clicking on an issue link, I have the issue displayed. I support this is the "View Issue" page. From there I click on the linked to an attched file (i.e: a text file) and then I get the error. Even attached images are not displayed

Suggest an answer