EPICS as general issue type

Ian Graham July 20, 2014

We are currently subscribed to Jira and Jira Agile (on demand). We are not using Agile so want to cancel it. However, we use EPICs to categorize stories. Is EPIC an Agile only issue type or is it usable in regular Jira. I don't want to cancel the Agile area if it will mean losing the EPICS.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2014

You will lose all the functionality you see with Epics in Agile. Nothing to stop you defining an issue type called Epic and having links, different workflows and so-on, but it won't be any different from any other issue type.

Ian Graham July 20, 2014

Thanks for the response. A couple follow up qusetions:

1) So I would no longer have the Epic link field on the issue screen, correct?

2) If cancel Agile, what will happen to existing issues that are currently Epics?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2014

1) Yep

2) My understanding is that because they are still issues in their own right, nothing will really change, other than the Agile functionality vanishing. I've not tested it myself though.

Suggest an answer