E-mail call back if I wrote a wrong message in a Jira ticket and the observers get it

Thomas Glaser January 25, 2020

Hi all,

is there a possibiltiy to call back an e-mail sent to the Jira ticket observers when I wrote a comment in the ticket?

Many thanks in advance.

Kr,

Thomas

2 answers

0 votes
Veera
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 25, 2020

@Thomas Glaser 

Sorry to hear that your private note has been added as a comment in the Jira ticket.

Unfortunately, there is no option in Jira to recall / call back the message sent from a ticket.

You may speak to your Project lead or Jira admin who should be able to delete that comment for you. 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2020

Check the notification scheme for the project.  What is the rule for selecting people to notify on the "issue commented" event?

Thomas Glaser January 25, 2020

Hi Nic,

first many thanks for contacting me.

I am not the admin of the Jira ticket system but the problem raised when I send an email with the wrong email adress.

I sent the email to the adress of the Jira ticket system <jira@itprocess.atlassian.net and so my private remark has been added to the appropriate Jira ticket.

The problem is that a lot internal SAP key-user are observers of this ticket :-(

That´s the reason why I am so interested in possibilty to call back the emails sent by Jira to the observers.

Kr,

Thomas

Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2020

I think you'll need to talk to your Jira admins if you want to get the notification scheme changed.

As for "call back" - this is not something email does.  Some email services support a "ask to delete email I sent to someone" function, but clients can ignore the request.  I certainly turn off "enable recall" in my clients when I'm suffering an email server that allows it.

If you're sending emails you don't want to, you need to stop doing the send, not look at "recall"

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer