E-Mail This Issue - Developer Comments in "Closing" Message

Stephan Weber February 12, 2014

Hello,

I'm trying to integrate the JETI Plugin into our current workflow.

Situation
We would like to inform some external customers, who don't have a jira account, about the status of the tickets they created.

For that, I installed and configured JETI and created a field for these e-mail addresses.

Behavior
If a comment with a security level (e.g. Only Developers) is added, the customer won't get an e-mail. Which is the desired behavior.
If a ticked is closed with a comment with a security level, the user will get an E-Mail with the comment.

The Problem
I'd like him to not get these "developers-only" comment either, as it is only for internal use, but I'd like him to get a ticket-is-closed message.

Have I done something wrong, while configuring JETI?
I simply added the Event for "Issue closed" and used the Template for "Issue Closed".

I did not change anything on the templates.

Any Ideas?

3 answers

0 votes
Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 12, 2014

Thank you for your feedback Stephan, I'm going to test this case and will come back to you.

Do you insert the comment that was entered during the transition in the template? Where would you use the above velocity fragment?

Hello Tibor,

Yes, the idea is to show the Comment, that was entered during the transition.

The Template I based the E-Mail on, show the Comments with this Function:
#parse("templates/email/html/includes/fields/comment.vm") - This wraps some HTML around the #comment() function

I simply wrapped the code arount it, like this:

#if( "$!roleVisibilityLevel" =="")
#parse("templates/email/html/includes/fields/comment.vm")
#end

For Reference: I'm using the standard templates, that came with jira, in this case the Template for "Issue Closed".

0 votes

I found out, that one possible solution to this Problem is to check in the Template if the "roleVisibilityLevel" is set to an empty string and only show the comment if this is true.

#if( "$!roleVisibilityLevel" =="")
#end

I am not sure if this is the most desirable or intendet way to do this.

0 votes
Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 12, 2014

Hi Stephan,

Can you explain how you configured JETI to react on closing an issue? Have you setup JETI postfunction attached to the Close transition or you have JETI Notification with Issue Closed event?

Regards,

Tibor

Hello Tibor,

I have attached the JETI Notification wit the Issue Closed Event and a Notifaction Template based on the standard "Issue Closed" template.

Suggest an answer