Dynamic tag custom email listener

I've noticed that when an event is fired and that triggers the custom email listener, the email received does not contain the dynamic tag in the FROM field that JIRA is configured to use, instead I'm receiving with the plain normal email address or a cached FROM tag.

Is there a way to specify this dynamic tag from the listener itself? @Jamie Echlin [Adaptavist]

2 answers

1 accepted

Hi there Jamie,

Thank you for the quick reply, the solution is part of what I need, explaining more on this, in JIRA, when you go to general configuration, you can set the "Email from" field, which basically it's adding a dynamic tag to the FROM field, so when you receive an email from the system you see "JIRA Site - username" instead of "email@atlassian.com" in the From part. So I need a way to set that in the listener email that it's being sent, fro some reason, when the system sends the email, it's overriding that general configuration part and we receive it with just the email instead of tag.

Let me know if that makes more sense, sorry for not explaining that with more detail since the beggining.

Thank you.

Exactly what I needed, didn't noticed the first time I looked.

Thank you.

0 votes

I'm not sure what you mean by dynamic tag, but I'm going to guess you want https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/builtin-scripts.html#_control_over_from_address

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,849 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot