Dynamic tag custom email listener

Hernan Montes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2017

I've noticed that when an event is fired and that triggers the custom email listener, the email received does not contain the dynamic tag in the FROM field that JIRA is configured to use, instead I'm receiving with the plain normal email address or a cached FROM tag.

Is there a way to specify this dynamic tag from the listener itself? @Jamie Echlin [Adaptavist]

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hernan Montes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2017

Hi there Jamie,

Thank you for the quick reply, the solution is part of what I need, explaining more on this, in JIRA, when you go to general configuration, you can set the "Email from" field, which basically it's adding a dynamic tag to the FROM field, so when you receive an email from the system you see "JIRA Site - username" instead of "email@atlassian.com" in the From part. So I need a way to set that in the listener email that it's being sent, fro some reason, when the system sends the email, it's overriding that general configuration part and we receive it with just the email instead of tag.

Let me know if that makes more sense, sorry for not explaining that with more detail since the beggining.

Thank you.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 3, 2017
Hernan Montes
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 3, 2017

Exactly what I needed, didn't noticed the first time I looked.

Thank you.

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 2, 2017

I'm not sure what you mean by dynamic tag, but I'm going to guess you want https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/builtin-scripts.html#_control_over_from_address

Suggest an answer