It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Dynamic JQL to capture new Epics or Components

Hi all,

Does anyone know if it is possible to create Jira filters that will automatically update to include new epics or components if these are created after the initial filter was made. We have a project that is likely to expand and it would be great if our filters in confluence could incorporate additional epics/components without having to be manually updated. 

Thank you in advance,

Andrew

1 answer

1 accepted

do you need every epic or have you filtered to exclude some epics? same with components, does your filter exclude some components?

could you share the JQL?

Hi Fran, thank you for getting back to me. I don't have any JQL at the moment but yes, if it was possible to include every new epic or component as and when these were created that would be useful. Do you know if this is possible? 

If you are refering to generic filters, as long as yoou don't filter by epic name or component, they are all going to be shown.

If you are talking about rapid filters in a board, as far as I know you can't do it without the help of some plugin like rich filter or so.

You can try to use swimlines to see different components separated, it's not a filter but is a way of having things in order.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

274 views 1 2
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you