During a workflow transition, Can I narrow down the available assignees to a defined role in a project?

Greg Warner April 29, 2013

When an issue has been created, we send it it an "In Review" state. We have a defined number of reviewers who have the Reviewer project role.

When a developer changes the state of an issue I'll use a workflow transition screen to pop up and I'd like the available list of assignees to be only those in the Reviewer role. Is this possible?

Currently I'm using a workflow function to check that a person is in the Reviewer role and that they have permission to execute the next step to "Reviewed". The problem with this is if a developer assigns the task to someone who isn't in the Reviwer role, then the issue reaches a dead end. I'd like to do the check before the issue is assigned from "Open" to "In Review".

1 answer

0 votes
Faisal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2013

Hi Greg,

I believe that you may control the list of assignable users by using workflow properties. Kindly review the following documentation for more details on workflow properties:
- Workflow Properties

I also found the following documentation which contains some useful examples:
- http://www.j-tricks.com/1/post/2011/02/permissions-based-on-workflow-status.html

Hope that this helps!

Suggest an answer