Duplicated Summary field in new field configuration

Tony Montana
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2015

how to fixed?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 7, 2015

Sounds like you've added a new custom field - rename it to identify it and think about removing it completely.

Tony Montana
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2015

no, in custom fields no field with name "summary',

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 7, 2015

Hmm, that's odd. Could you show us a screenshot?

Tony Montana
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 7, 2015

I have better idea - see video http://youtu.be/CKSjrB2YHAY ;)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 7, 2015

Spot on! Answers all the questions I was going to ask. On the down side, it means I'm stumped. I've seen it before, but only when someone has created a custom field called summary. Only other time I've seen it was with a very oddly broken plugin, but that was a long long time ago, and that plugin isn't around any more. I guess I'd look through the obvious bits now - anything odd in the logs? Any unusual plugins installed? Any javascript hackery applied?

0 votes
crf
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 7, 2015

There are some system fields (comment for example) that are controlled implicitly by JIRA and should not be listed in the field configurations and screen explicitly.  I don't remember if summary is one of those or not offhand, but this sounds like your database has some kind of inconsistency in it that the code isn't expecting to have to deal with.

Suggest an answer