Duplicate tickets(ticket ID being same for both tickets)

vinod Kumar March 13, 2015

Hi,

In our JIRA system(We are using JIRA 6.2.5.), it is has been observed that there are multiple instances where in 2 tickets with the same ticket-ID(key) have been created. The screen shot of the same has been attached below. Kindly check this and guide me on what i need to do :

1. remove this duplicate ticket
  2. avoid in future

duplicate.JPG

2 answers

0 votes

Hi Teilor,

Thank you .. for the quick response. i am not able to delete one of them. Can you please guide me how to delete any one of them.

much appreciated ..

thanks,

Vinod.

teilor_soares
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2015

Do you mean delete one of the issues or delete the mail handlers?

i am looking for deleting the duplicate tickets. there are around 10 tickets having this kind of issues.

teilor_soares
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2015

If you are having problems in deleting issues, you may want to delete the JIRA cache, do a reindex and then try again to delete the issues.

vinod Kumar March 16, 2015

thank you ... i dont know what would be the impact of reindexing if i try it on production.

teilor_soares
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 16, 2015

Your instance will be unavailable to all users unless you chose background indexing, which takes more time than the locked reindex. In one way or another, start the re-index process in a time period of low activity for your instance. If this does not solve the problem, I would recommend to create a ticket in support.atlassian.com, for a more specific instructions.

vinod Kumar March 16, 2015

ok .. thank you.

0 votes
teilor_soares
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 13, 2015

Hi Vinod. My first recommendation on this would be to check the mail handler in your JIRA instances.

In the past, we saw some cases when a user has two different JIRA instances scanning the same mailboxes, like a production instance and a test instance, and for some reason this would lead JIRA to create duplicate issue numbers in the same project.

Cheers!
Teilor

Suggest an answer