Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Duplicate tickets on JSD

Hello everyone,

I hope you can help me with an issue I'm trying to resolve without success,

Scenario:

I have a system that sent a ticket from info@xxxxx.com to hd@xxxx.com

when the email received by hd@xxxx.com it creates a ticket at JSD. 

When I want to reply to the user I go to hd@xxxxx.com mailbox and reply from hd@xxxx.com and not from info@xxxx.com and when the user is replying it creates a duplicates ticket.

Please tell me what I need to do to resolve it! 

Thanks,

Jonathan

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Community Leader Jun 15, 2021

So I assume that hd@xxxx.com is your email channel for the JSM project, correct? Further I assume that info@xxxxx.com is a customer of said project, correct? 

I don’t understand why you are going to the HD mailbox to reply. You should be replying from your I will email address as an agent.

The point here is that a customer sends an email to the project email channel. This creates a ticket in the project with reporter set as the customer. Agents will be notified of these issues and they can either add a comment in the application itself or reply to the email which will notify the customer sent in the request. I'm trying to apply those basic principles to your post to understand what is going on.

Hi Jack, 

Thanks for your reply,

both emails hd@xxxx.com and info@xxxx.com are mines, I'm using the info@xxxx.com for the tickets only and it forwards to hd@xxxx.com that creates a ticket in the JSD, 

From what I understand from you, you suggest using the email project and not the info@xxxx.com one directly to the JSD?  

Thanks, 

Jonathan

I forgot to mention that not everyone is using our ticket system, they use to send us an email to hd@xxxx.com only part of them is using our ticket system that using info@xxxx.com. 

Jack Community Leader Jun 15, 2021

I am a bit confused with how you have set up the email channel in your project.

here are some useful links:

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you