Duplicate plugin found (installed version is the same or older) and could not be unloaded: 'com.atlassian.jira.plugin.ext.subversion'

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2013

updated the subversion plugin in JIRA 5.2.5 and I am getting the following exception after system restart.

2013-07-02 14:48:52,233 localhost-startStop-1 INFO [atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager] Updating plugin 'com.atlassian.jira.plugin.ext.subversion:0.10.11.1' to 'com.atlassian.jira.plugin.ext.subversion'

2013-07-02 14:48:52,234 localhost-startStop-1 FATAL [atlassian.jira.upgrade.PluginSystemLauncher] A fatal error occured during initialisation. JIRA has been locked.

com.atlassian.jira.InfrastructureException: Error occurred while starting Plugin Manager. Duplicate plugin found (installed version is the same or older) and could not be unloaded: 'com.atlassian.jira.plugin.ext.subversion'

at com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager$PluginSystem.start(ComponentManager.java:681)

4 answers

1 accepted

7 votes
Answer accepted
Justin Alex Paramanandan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2013

I reckon that the plugin may still exist in $JIRA_INSTALL/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/lib directory; since versions before 0.10.12 is a version 1 plugin.

Try this:

1. Shutdown JIRA
  2. Search for the old plugin inside the directory mentioned above, and delete it:
    • atlassian-subversion-plugin-*.jar
    • javasvn-*.jar (if any)
    • svnkit-*.jar (if any)
    • ganymed-*.jar (if any)
    • trilead-*.jar (if any)
  3. Remove the subversion-jira-plugin.properties file from WEB-INF/classes.
  4. Remove the plugin's index files by going to the plugins directory in JIRA's index directory. Then remove the atlassian-subversion-revisions directory.
  5. Ensure that the new plugin resides in $JIRA_HOME/plugins/installed-plugins
  6. Remove the following:
    • $JIRA_HOME/plugins/.osgi-plugins
    • $JIRA_HOME/plugins/.bundled-plugins
    • $JIRA_HOME/.jira-home.lock (if exists)
    • $JIRA_INSTALL/work
  7. Start JIRA up.

Hope this helps!

Aditya Wirayudha July 2, 2013

it works for me! Except that I dont need to remove $JIRA_INSTALL/work

Daniel August 14, 2013

Works fine for me too. Very nice, thank you :)

0 votes
Tom Svensson September 1, 2014

The file to remove is incorrect, the filename is missing -jira-

• atlassian-subversion-plugin-*.jar

Correct file is

Search for the old plugin inside the directory mentioned above, and delete it:

• atlassian-jira-subversion-plugin-*.jar
0 votes
einkauf-idv@adesso.de January 7, 2014

Worked for me too. Thank you!

0 votes
srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 2, 2013

Hi Atlassians,

Any pointers please?

Thanks, Srinivas

Suggest an answer