Duplicate instances of users (LDAP?)

Stephen King December 13, 2016

We're just in the process of setting up JIRA (self-hosted), and have 1 account created through JIRA and the rest are created through LDAP.

I've noticed that all users that have logged in (Myself, my colleague and our test customer user) have been duplicated. It appears that the amount of times logged in affects the issue(?) - I've logged in the most and have the most copies of my user (around 10 copies).

I've tried rebuilding the index and the copies stay there (System Configuration > Advanced (Indexing) > Background Reindex / Lock JIRA and rebuild index - neither rectify the issue.

In the User Management > Users list we only appear once, but when searching in things like "Raise this request on behalf of:" we appear numerous times.

It may be worth mentioning we have two user directories (same LDAP server but pointing to two OUs - one for users and one for IT admins). When disabling the Admin OU, the problem persists for the normal users (see below).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Stephen King

Both directories added:

DuplicateUsers.jpg

Just the normal user directory (Admin directory disabled):

DuplicateUsers2.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2016

Go to admin panel / users and check if you have the same users into different uses directories.

Stephen King December 13, 2016

The same users do not appear in different directories - if I switch to just a single directory the issue persists.

Stephen

Suggest an answer