Duplicate Key with differen issues

Richard Lu November 20, 2013

I'm using JIRA 4.0.2 and found sometimes it can generate two different issues with same key.Such as: Key SIS-001 linked with two issues (issue a, issue b) and both of them are linked with (issue a) , others will never achieve. How we can avoid this and about exist issue data how we can correct it ? BTW we just bought latest version , the issue it will still happe in new version ?

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Richard Lu November 26, 2013

It will cost a lot of time to find the reason .so we want to solve it by install new version on new enviroment using import and export function . Is there any way that can help me to clear all data so that i can try to import the right data to new enviroment.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 26, 2013

Hoping that an upgrade will magically fix a problem you don't understand is not really a good approach. It might work though, if the upgrade causes you to accidentally fix it (by removing the plugin or code change you've got that is causing it)

To upgrade, start with https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Upgrading+JIRA

Make sure you read all the release notes for at least the mid-level updates (4.1, 4.2, 4.3 etc)

You'll need to analyse your usage of ALL plugins (especially as you have a problem, it's likely that you want to remove as many as possible to try to fix the problem)

You should probably not jump straight to the latest version - from 4.0, I would consider a move to 4.4 or 5.0 before going to 6.1

0 votes
Richard Lu November 27, 2013

BTW how can I close this issue , I can not find close button anywhere.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 27, 2013

Select the best answer and click the "accept as correct" flag

0 votes
Richard Lu November 27, 2013

Thanks for your help , migrate success and we will re-enter the error data, god bless me it will not happen ag!

0 votes
Richard Lu November 21, 2013

Thanks for your answer asap , but we never attach the database directly and the function of integrity check where I can find it . Does it can help me to correct the wrong data? If not ,please tell me how to solve it . Tks a lot!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 21, 2013

There is no way to "solve it" until you know what the cause is. You've ruled out database manipulation, so now you need to look at the circumstances when a duplicate happens - what or who is creating the issues and how?

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 20, 2013

Are you doing anything to the database directly? That can also cause all kinds of problems. Have you run the integrity checker?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 20, 2013

This generally won't happen in any version of Jira unless there is something very wrong - most often a plugin doing something bad.

There's no way of knowing if it will happen in other versions until you can establish why it's happening in your current version. Start by looking at the circumstances of duplicate creation - what or who is creating the issues and how?

Suggest an answer