Dump file not creating actual project files.

Joe Parrilla PEGS OLD June 6, 2013

So I am performing the SVN -> Git migration process, and after doing the load local-svn < svn.dump portion of the migration, I am not ending up with an actual local project structure. I was under the impression that my local-svn directory should contain a structure such as local-svn/PROJECT1, local-svn/PROJECT2, etc. Instead the bulk of my folder is contained in a file called db/revs. There are no projects visible, just folders named 0, 1, 2, 3, etc. I am trying to create the author mapping file, but no project directories exist! The size is accurate (~3.2 GB), but there are no actual project directories such as trunk, branches, tag, etc.

1 answer

0 votes
cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2013

Hi Joe,

It's almost certainly too late, but the 'local-svn' repository that you create from the load is just the SVN server, and not the working directory. If you run 'svn checkout file:///path/to/local-svn' you would see the project files as expected.

How did you go with the migration?

Charles

Joe Parrilla PEGS OLD July 1, 2013

Thanks for responding Charles, but yes I did figure that out :)

The migration is going OK I guess. I am having trouble cloning one of my projects due to a git-svn error, but Atlassian support is being helpful and working closely with me to get it sorted out. This migration is turning out to be quite a hassle at taking up too much time.

Suggest an answer