Due date field is missing when creating issue.

Shane Wallden October 17, 2017

I am an administrator of a project and I have tried to find out how to enter a due date for an issue but no previous answers are clear.  I cannot find an 'Administration' page or a place to alter permissions.  The nearest I can find is a Project Settings page which shows Permissions and a list where 'Schedule Issue' just tells me who can do it.  I cannot find a place to enable due dates to appear in issues.

Can anyone assist?

3 answers

0 votes
Joseph N Philip October 18, 2022

You need to add the filed using issue configuration screen for each project. 

Or by going to Filed configuration in issue settings > Select default field configuration or (the issue config you want updated) then search for "Due date" and then click on screens and associate the filed with screens you need the filed to show up in. Hope this helps. 

0 votes
Ludia Administrator February 1, 2019

In our case, a user was not able to see and enter a due date because our project is "Service Desk" type and the user is not a member of the "Service Desk Agent" permission.

If we add this user as "Service Desk Agent" permission, the field is shown.

He was able to enter a due date via the customer portal though.

Hope this can help.

0 votes
Melinda Atkinson October 17, 2017

Hi Shane,

Try using the 'Where is my field?' - which appears top right hand corner of the Create Issue popup window.

It will tell you why you don't see that field -- it'll be to do with your field configuration scheme for that issue type, the field screen in use or perhaps the permission scheme.

Hope that helps.

Shane Wallden October 17, 2017

Thanks for your response Melinda.  I don't have a 'Where is my field'.  I have a 'Configure Fields' and it does not include the due date option there.

Any other ideas?

Melinda Atkinson October 17, 2017

Check with your sys admin, they will have access to 'Where is my field?'.  It will let you know if Due date field is in your field configuration for that issue type -- alternatively, you can go check that out. 

As per:  https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/due-date-field-is-missing-189431917.html

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 18, 2017

The "where is my field" link is under the "configure fields" button - you have to click "configure fields" to get it.

Shane Wallden October 22, 2017

Hi All, thanks for your responses.  I think my administrator must have set this instance up in a weird way.  I don't have the 'Where is my field' under the 'Configure Fields' and I don't have the gear icon to check for issue permissions.

Melinda Atkinson December 9, 2018

No doubt you solved this - but in case anyone else finds this, a user must have the Manage Sprints / Schedulers role in Jira in order to have access to the Due Date field in Jira  (ie: unless you can create sprints you won't have access to that field)

MK August 18, 2021

"Where is my field" is only available once you create the issue under Admin button in issue view screen, not under configure fields!

Suggest an answer