Due date editing restricted by role

Deleted user January 9, 2014

Is it possible for the due date to only be edited by a specific role. I have a feeling the answer is no but I want anyone to be able to initally set the due date but after this only a particular project role can edit it.

Is this possible?

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2014

If a separate workflow action doesn't work for you, you can also look at workflow permissions based on status. Editing due date is controlled by "Schedule Issue" permission and you can restrict this permission to selected roles at any stages in the workflow.

If you want to restrict it all stages, just modify the permission scheme accordingly.

Deleted user January 14, 2014

I tried to just modify this in the permissions, so 'schedule issue' was only available to seniors. This however means that it can't be added in at the create issue stage where it would be needed.

I am now looking at workflow permissions based on status. However when I tried this, the issue would no longer move along the workflow and came up with an error. I added the following to the property value of one workflow status: jira.permission.scheduleissue.group=Seniors

Is this incorrect?

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2014

create a global Work Flow Action soemthing like "Update Due Date" and add due date field to that screen so that you can restrict using condition!

0 votes
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 9, 2014

If it's editable (on the edit screen), no. But you can add a transition which is only available for specific users/user groups (maybe you need a plugin for this) and make the due date only available on the transition screen of this transition.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events