It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Due Date should require a future date be entered in Edit Screen Edited

Use case - When a Due Date is selected, only a future date should be allowed in EDIT Screen.

Note - I knew this can be achievable by adding a validator in workflow Transitions however, I don't want to do that way, the reason being said, I've 40 workflow transitons and for every transitions I've to add to achieve this working (see attached I did that).  it will add a lot of load .. 

Appreciate your suggestions if this can be achievable by adding a code or via script runner in EDIT Screen Capture.PNG

1 answer

Hi @Mouzam Mohammed ,

while I'm not aware of a generalized way to add your requirement to an edit screen only, rolling out your configured validator can be speeded up heavily by having a look at Admin Toolbox for Jira and its capabilities to copy already configured validators from one transition to another (even across workflows) - see https://apps.decadis.net/display/ATJ/Copy+and+other+workflow+functionalities. I know it's just not reducing your effort completely, but it might help.

Cheers
Thorsten

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you