Due Date should require a future date be entered in Edit Screen

Mouzam Mohammed November 13, 2019

Use case - When a Due Date is selected, only a future date should be allowed in EDIT Screen.

Note - I knew this can be achievable by adding a validator in workflow Transitions however, I don't want to do that way, the reason being said, I've 40 workflow transitons and for every transitions I've to add to achieve this working (see attached I did that).  it will add a lot of load .. 

Appreciate your suggestions if this can be achievable by adding a code or via script runner in EDIT Screen Capture.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Thorsten Letschert _Decadis AG_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 14, 2019

Hi @Mouzam Mohammed ,

while I'm not aware of a generalized way to add your requirement to an edit screen only, rolling out your configured validator can be speeded up heavily by having a look at Admin Toolbox for Jira and its capabilities to copy already configured validators from one transition to another (even across workflows) - see https://apps.decadis.net/display/ATJ/Copy+and+other+workflow+functionalities. I know it's just not reducing your effort completely, but it might help.

Cheers
Thorsten

Suggest an answer