Due Date can be set prior to Start Date. How can this be?

Allison Stewart August 26, 2022

I am using Start Date and Due Date on my Epics, Stories and Sub-tasks.  I am able to select a Due Date that is prior to the selected Start Date.  How can that be possible?  You can't have something due before you start it.

Can anyone tell me how to restrict this and throw an error if the dates are chosen incorrectly?

Thank you,

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Nicolas Tagle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2022

Hi Allison,

Please refer to the following documentation to implement a validator in your create transition.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-prevent-users-from-selecting-previous-or-past-date-in-date-type-custom-field-1108678878.html

Here is an example on how it would look once done:

1.jpg

Hope this result useful, best regards.

Nico.

Allison Stewart August 30, 2022

This is helpful for the Create function.  But on Edit Issue, would I need to create an Automation to compare the dates?

Nicolas Tagle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 1, 2022

This is applied on a workflow level, so it is not affected by the screens (Edit/view/create), as long as all issue types have the workflows with this validator it will work.

Nicolas Tagle
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 1, 2022

Hi again, just to be clear, it is not an automation, it is a validator on the transition of the workflow that apply to the issue types, may be 1 or all.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events