'Dropdown list' custom field with some (not all) groups and assign to it a task

Andrey Kozlov January 23, 2014

Hi

1. I need to create a custom field with dropdown list with some groups (like as "select list" but with groups).

2. Then place this field at some screen to assign task to the selected group.

More interested - first question.

Maybe you know how i can do it?

Thnx anyway :)

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2014

1. There is a group-picker, but that will list all groups.

You can actually use a select list with options having the same name as the groups you are interested in and you'll be able to use it in a couple of schemes. Or you could store your groups in a database and use one of the database values select list plugins (I think this might be the only useful approach for you because of the "not all" comment - you'll need to specify how you want to decide which groups appear)

Or, you could write a field that will understnad your "not all" logic.

2. Same as any other field - add it to the screen. Just bear in mind that it won't be used by the "assignee" field in any way.

0 votes
rambabu patina
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2014

You can create a custom field of the type "Group picker". But as of now assign an issue to the group is a future request.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2014

Atlassian have got a request for "assign issues to a group", they've closed it with "won't fix"

Suggest an answer