Dropdown in screens from SVN or GIT

Juliet Cristobal July 5, 2017

Hello guys, need a little help creating dropdown menu in jira screens to auto populate the folders in SVN or Git.

I have a SVN, and lots of sub-folder under branches. I create a jira project, and now creating Screens, In screens, i need a dropdown menu that will autopopulate the subfolders from SVN or Git. I tried the Select list in custom fields but it will be tedious for me to input all the sub-folders under branches and also if there are changes in svn branches folder, i will need to modify it again and again. 

I'm looking for ways on how to auto populate it. 

Thanks a lot in advance! :)

1 answer

0 votes
Christoph Schötz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 5, 2017

Hey Juliet,

please have a look at https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.keplerrominfo.jira.plugins.keplercf-pro/server/overview - you should be able to populate your values with this customfield and a script. I just used it with a SQL data source but I guess with a script it should work fine too if SVN provides any REST API or if you can crawl the repository structure.

Hope that helps?

Cheers

Christoph

Juliet Cristobal July 9, 2017

Thanks a lot Christoph. I'll check the plugin you provided. :)

Suggest an answer