Dropdown in screens from SVN or GIT

Hello guys, need a little help creating dropdown menu in jira screens to auto populate the folders in SVN or Git.

I have a SVN, and lots of sub-folder under branches. I create a jira project, and now creating Screens, In screens, i need a dropdown menu that will autopopulate the subfolders from SVN or Git. I tried the Select list in custom fields but it will be tedious for me to input all the sub-folders under branches and also if there are changes in svn branches folder, i will need to modify it again and again. 

I'm looking for ways on how to auto populate it. 

Thanks a lot in advance! :)

1 answer

Hey Juliet,

please have a look at https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.keplerrominfo.jira.plugins.keplercf-pro/server/overview - you should be able to populate your values with this customfield and a script. I just used it with a SQL data source but I guess with a script it should work fine too if SVN provides any REST API or if you can crawl the repository structure.

Hope that helps?

Cheers

Christoph

Thanks a lot Christoph. I'll check the plugin you provided. :)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 16, 2018 in Jira

Looking for anyone who made the switch to Data Center

The Jira Marketing team is putting together an ebook on migrating to Data Center. We're looking for pro tips on how you staffed your project team and organized your Proof of Concept. Share yo...

1,325 views 17 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you