Drill down to Sub-Task from Epic Link in eazyBI

graemejohnson July 24, 2016

Hi

I have a report which shows a table of issues that can be filtered on Epic Link.

Within a given epic I have Stories and sub-tasks - however, when filtering on Epic Link, I can only drill down as far as Story level.  

In the example below Story ISD-523 has a sub-task - there is an icon to expand - but you cannot expand any further (if you see what I mean).

So, how can I filter on Epic Link all the way from the top to the bottom of the tree?

Is it because sub-tasks do not inherit the Epic Link of the parent Story?  Is there a way around this?

image2016-7-25 9:42:0.png

1 answer

0 votes
eazyBI Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2016

Hi Graeme,

yes, you are quite right - it is because of sub-tasks do not inherit the Epic Link of parent Story. I could not imagine how to avoid this restriction using Epic Link dimension as a Page filter.

Issue dimension Epic hierarchy Epic level members are the same as Epic link members. Therefore, as a workaround, you could create a calculated measure returning the Epic level issue name for all Issue dimension Epic hierarchy level members (from epic itself to sub-tasks) and then filter by this column to get only particular epic with all its stories and subtasks.

The calculation for such a measure could be the following:

CASE WHEN
  [Issue.Epic].CurrentMember.Level.Name matches 'Epic|Parent|Sub-task'
THEN
  Ancestor([Issue.Epic].CurrentMember, [Issue.Epic].[Epic]).Name
END

For more detailed assistance, please, contact support@eazyBI.com .

Ilze,

eazyBI Customer Support Consultant

Suggest an answer