Dragons Quest on a MacBook Pro with Mac QS 10.8.5

Sonja February 24, 2014

I would like to do the Dragons Quest on a MacBook Pro with Mac OS 10.8.5. What version of JIRA i have to download?

Can i make the whole instructions with my system?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 24, 2014

Done it on a MacBook Air, it's virtually the same as following the Linux guide (as long as you understand where to look in the MacOS file tree - stuff is a little different to a Linux file tree. It's still similar enough to recognise though, and once you know that /foo/bar in linux can be found under /library/randomid/bar/foo on a Mac, it's fine)

Version of Jira etc really don't matter. But... make sure you use the Oracle JDK and follow the precise instructions for getting that working on a Mac

Sonja March 3, 2014

But the folder "atlassian-jira-6.1.5-standalone/bin" contains exe-files, how can OS X work with it?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 3, 2014

Doesn't matter - OS X runs other files in there.

Sonja March 3, 2014

OK, i'll try. Thank you!

Suggest an answer