Dragging on columns with multiples columns doesn't work as expected

Mathias Böni August 31, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Transitioning an Issue

I tried this on my board but this dragging on columns with multiple statuses does only work on "done" statuses in the last column. Do I do something wrong? I would love to have this feature in "to do" statuses...

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter Geshev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2016

Hi Mathias,

Some issues cannot transition to some states and for them the dragging is not allowed. Are you sure that the transition you are trying to perform is allowed in the regular interface?

Regards,

Peter

Peter Geshev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2016

Hi Mathias,

In the last image above you are transiationing an issue from a in "ln lmplementierung" status category to "Implementiert" category. However the two new status are in the "ln lmplementierung" category. Try to move the issues from the "Implementiert" to the "ln lmplementierung" and the new columns should be visible. Attached below are some screenshots of my configuration:

Board configuration:

BoardConfig.png

Moving an inssue from the In progress column to the test col(the statuses are visible):

MovingFromInProgress.png

Moving from test col(the statuses are not visible)MovingFromTestCol.png

Keep in mind that you cannot transition (through this interface) an issue from a status in a specific column to another status in this column directly. If you have such transitions you will have to add a ne column and place some of the statuses there.

Regards,
Peter 

Mathias Böni September 6, 2016

Quote: "Keep in mind that you cannot transition (through this interface) an issue from a status in a specific column to another status in this column directly "

That was the missing point. Well, I won't create a new column becaus this will mess up my WIP-limits. I just tell the developers to do the transition inside the issue navigator.

Thanks again!

Mathias

0 votes
Mathias Böni September 5, 2016

Hey Peter!,

Yes, the transistion is allowed and possible in the issue navigator:

2016-09-05_21h08_15.png

I also modeled the transistions without any additional validators, etc.:

2016-09-05_21h12_58.png

And I added them to the same column on the board:

2016-09-05_21h13_20.png

But I don't see two states in this column on the board sad