Dragging items on a Kanban board throws exceptions

I have upgraded JIRA to version 6.2, and have JIRA Agile at version 6.3.4.

When I drag items on the Kanban board, the items don't move but instead throw javascript exceptions, with the message "

This issue happens on Chrome v32 (and IE8)

This only happens on a special Kanban board that we created, which has 10 columns for different statuses, on the scrum boards we usually use it's fine.

(I found a similar issue to the above, but the similar issue mentions the iDalko Table Grid Editor, which we do not have).

1 answer

1 accepted

We've had a very similar problem since our upgrade to JIra 6.2 also. For us, dragging items on a kanban board appears to work ok, but inside a board's column config, trying to drag Jira states from one column to another fails with the same error you're seeing:

An exception has occurred in http://*****/s/d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e/en_USplxjxh-1988229788/6252/5/14/_/download/superbatch/js/batch.jsat 268 :

Uncaught TypeError: Object #<Object> has no method 'dragStart'

Update: we tried updating our version of Jira Agile - since we hadn't updated it after upgrading to Jira 6.2 (we were previously on Agile 6.3.6.1, and just upgraded to 6.3.9.1), and it looks like this might have resolved the problem we were seeing.

I just upgraded Jira Agile from 6.3.4 to 6.3.9.1 and this appears to have fixed the problem, thanks

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,334 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot