Drag vertically on a kanban board

Petra Goldstein October 21, 2014

On a Kanban board, what could be the reason I cannot drag vertically? I want to move something from Resolved to Closed. (Using the out-of-the-box- workflow).

I am able to:

• Drag from In-Progress to Closed (horizontally). 
  • Close the issue from the menu within the issue. 

Also, is there a way to see a vertical separation in the column to differentiate between the two states? This would be handy in some other situations as well. 

Thanks,

Mike

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2014

There's a known flaw in the design of the boards - you can not drag between status in the same column.

Atlassian have it on the road map, but I don't have the reference to hand.

Thanks, Nic. Does anyone have a reference to that Atlassian issue so that I can vote on it?

My searches keep ending up on a bug that deals with dragging multiple items which is not my issue (at least not at the moment), but I can't find this particular one.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2014

Yes, they've closed the real one as a duplicate of an issue that doesn't really describe it. The one that has the most information is https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-9720

Petra Goldstein October 22, 2014

Thanks!

Suggest an answer