Drag and drop issue list for work planning - without sprints

Matt Nicholson May 29, 2014

Hi, I'm using JIRA to manage Support tickets, that don't necessarily go SLA order. What I'm looking for appears to be a combination of Agile and Helpdesk functionality.

What I need is to be able to take all tickets in a status (eg, Open), and present them in a list. I would then like to order them quickly for my team. For example, in a single day we may have 40 tickets that are on Day 2 of the SLA. Of these tickets, each is organised by Priority, but within that as well, there are some tickets that are more important than others. The tickets don't go through Sprints; they're only expected to be done within the agreed SLA.

Basically, what I'm looking for is a 'task list' style view. Is this possible in Jira? Could anyone suggest a way of doing this, I don't want to use an external method (nothing as crude as an Excel sheet of 'tasks for today').

1 answer

0 votes
Diego Zarpelon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 11, 2014

Hey Matt.

Basiclly what you need can be done with Service Desk and Agile Kanban Board. Kanban can be used to make track of issues. Here you have some more information on Kanban boards.

hope this helps

Suggest an answer