Drag and drop attchment field not visible on view screen

Juan Du Toit November 8, 2015

Hi

We we are running JIRA v6.4.11 with the Drag and Drop attachment plugin v 3.2.2

Since our upgrade to v6.4.11 the drag and drop field on the view screen has disapeared.  Any way I can get it back?

Regards,

Juan

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2015

Can you double check your Drag and Drop version? There is a version where it will disappear unless you enable it explicitly. Check https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.jira.plugins.jira-dnd-attachment-plugin/versions version 3.2.5

Version 3.2.5  Released 2015-03-15  Supported By Atlassian  Free  BSD

This version contains updates to make JIRA Drag and Drop Attachments compatible with JIRA 6.4

NOTE: Please enable the jira.plugins.dnd.attachment dark feature after installing this update. Follow the procedure at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Enabling+Labs+Features+in+JIRA+5.2 and use jira.plugins.dnd.attachment as the key.

Juan Du Toit November 9, 2015

Thanks its all sorted I went and downloaded the JAR file and upload it in the Add-On manager (as it did not give me an option to upgrade), then upgraded to 3.2.6 so that the dark feature is no more necessary

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2015

Nice!

0 votes
Rena Sawyer December 10, 2015

I noticed that with the last update, a large number of user-installed plugins are now grouped with the "System" plugins. The optional and user-installed plugins need to be available for management, not lumped with system-dependent add-ons.

0 votes
Rena Sawyer December 10, 2015

I appreciate the information but would also prefer that the option to update this from Manage Add-Ons be enabled again. This is showing up as a "system" plugin and no management options are available. This should be something for which I have the "Updates Available" flag and an option to update from that UI.

Suggest an answer