Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Drag and drop a line to seperate the backlog

Marc I'm New Here May 19, 2022

Hello,

I am looking for a feature that was used in my previous company but I don't remember how to use it or even if it was a plugin or something.

We were able to drag and drop a "line" in the backlog view of a sprint that would:

• Calculate the number of points of all the story ABOVE that line
  • We could also decide in one or two click to move all the ticket UNDER that line to the next sprint / backlog

Does anyone know what this feature is?

Thank you!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

That sounds like the "create sprint" functionality.  Rather than dragging one or many issues into a sprint, just drag the sprint-start line down over the backlog!

Go to a Scrum board's backlog view, create a sprint, and you'll find you can drag the border at the bottom of the sprint down over the top issues in your backlog.  Jira will show you the estimates you've got included - the area above the line is the sprint.

And yes, if you have more than one sprint, you can drag stuff up into the future ones (or next) if you want.

Marc I'm New Here May 20, 2022

That sounds exactly it!!

Is this only possible on the backlog? For example we can use the same functionnality on an existing scheduled sprint that needs to be refined?

Thank you!

0 votes
Laura Holton Community Leader May 19, 2022

Hi @Marc 👋

Welcome to the Community! I've hunted around a little on this topic and it's definitely a hard one to track down. A few suggestions that popped up in the world of apps are below, they offer the points option but not sure about point 2:

Within Atlassian's support docs they mention that if you're looking to transition multiple issues (point 2) you can press the Shift or Ctrl key to select and transition multiple issues from the backlog to the next status in your project's workflow, take a look here

I hope this helps but if you have any other questions just ask away 😃

All the best,

Laura

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you