Drag and Drop removes tickets from all sprints

joe owner December 16, 2019

I've experienced this a few times and while I would report this to Atlassian as a bug I cant find where I would do that. I just go in circles trying to report an issues.

When trying to organize my sprints in the backlog view I drag multiple tickets and try and drop them into a different sprint, but the tickets all disappear. They are removed from all sprints, including the backlog. I've found after a bunch of searching and discovered that their sprint has been set to NULL.

I don't really need community support on this, I need to report a bug. But because raising a bug is impossible this is the only thing I can do. 

Making it impossible to raise bugs is a good strategy. You cant have bugs in your system if nobody can report them.  BRAVO!

2 answers

0 votes
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2019

Hi @joe owner 

I've never had a problem trying to log an issue with support. I go to https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/, click on the green button at the bottom (titled "Login to contact support") and raise an issue.

If you've tried to do this already, where has it gone wrong for you? What happens that you're unable to report it?

joe owner December 18, 2019

I was following that link and when filling out the form when I enter my URL, I get this box, and I'm not sure where to go from there. Screen Shot 2019-12-19 at 10.35.44 am.png

HOWEVER if I just click continue without URL I get an option to "Continue with this request". Screen Shot 2019-12-19 at 10.40.33 am.png

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2019

I really cannot replicate this behaviour.  I think you might need to go into a lot of detail on this, as it's not replicable. 

Much as I despise "learn from a video" (as they're usually out of date within a couple of weeks), I think your case is something that would show support what you are suffering.

joe owner December 18, 2019

It happens when I'm moving tickets into a new/empty sprint so, I think its because I don't get them fully in the drop zone, and instead of reverting back to their previous position they go walkabout.

I can find the tickets if I search for my issue and switch to JQL and add "AND Sprint IS EMPTY". This lets me recover from the situation. 

If I can figure out reliable steps to reproduce I will post them, or a video of it happening, here.  Sorry I cant be more helpful

Suggest an answer