Drag and Drop Calendar View?

Ben Long August 14, 2014

We've been using Jira for a few months now for issue tracking and we've heard from our team that they would like a drag and drop calendar interface that could update the due date (or any custom field date) of the issues. Essentially this would look like the Jira dashboard calendars, but with the added functionality of being able to move the issues around on them.

1) Is there an add-on that accomplishes this?

2) If not, has anyone tried developing something like this via the API?

It seems like we can't be the first to think about something like this, trying to figure out if anyone else has thought of doing it.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ben Long September 19, 2014

For anyone else who come across this, I was unable to find any existing product, add-on, or feature that allows for this capability.  We will be attempting to build a custom solution to provide this type of interface.

Oscar Yeung November 16, 2018

Hi Ben, were you able to build a custom solution? If so would you be willing to divulge some of the ways you guys managed to update a the field on the drag and drop?

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2014

The closest thing that I know is the default Calendar Gadget (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Adding+the+Calendar+Gadget) but that has no drag and drop when I last looked at it.

Search only resulted in this:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?application=jira&category=&cost=&hosting=cloud&marketingLabel=&q=calendar

Ben Long August 18, 2014

Those are the same add-ons, gadgets that I came across before. The Calendar gadget is essentially what we're looking for, just with an interface that allows easy/quick editing of the due date. It seems like an interface like this is not out of the question given the other capabilities of Jira.

Any other ideas out there?

Suggest an answer