Downloaded Jira Aplink with Ondemand

Afdeling Ontwikkeling April 15, 2014

Hi,

Im stuggeling with this for a while, mostly due so many dead-webpages-links on your site that you reference to as documentation

Anyway we have a Downloaded Atlassian JIRA (v6.1.7#6163)
And a
ONDEMAND JIRA v6.3-OD-02-026

When trying to link with applinks-add-on,
I get the link to work from the Downloaded to Ondemand but not the otherway around.

Are these even linkable or is this still not possible due to this bug JRA-34550

I get the following message :

>>>>>Begin>>>>

Unable to create reciprocal link.

It has not been possible to retrieve the required information from https://support.office.###.ABCTherefore the link cannot be created.

Click Continue to be redirected back to https://support.office.###.ABC.
Click Close to remain here

<<<<<<END<<<<

This I find very strage, because I departed from the downloaded-applinks and redirected to the OnDemand-AppLink page (logged in)???

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 15, 2014

Hi Afdeling,

I beleive the reason is because there is no direct network path from your OnDemand instance to your Downloaded instance, e.g. there is a firewall in place protecting your Downloaded instance from external requests.

Your Downloaded instance has a path to the public URL of your OnDemand instance, hence it can pull the information it needs from the OnDemand instance and configure it's end.

The application link creation process then issues a browser redirect to send you to the other instance, your OnDemand instance in this case. This redirect contains enough information to kickstart the creation process at the OnDemand instance, including the URL of the Downloaded instance.

However it seems the OnDemand server instance is then unable to use that URL to retrieve the information it needs from your Downloaded instance, because of a firewall? In this circumstance it displays the dialog you are seeing. The URL it displays is the one that was sent from your Downloaded instance and you can navigate back to it because your browser, and the network you are on, has a path to both instances, whereas there is no network path from the OnDemand to Downloaded instance.

In order to link from your OnDemand instance to your Downloaded instance you need to open your frewall to allow traffic from your OnDemand domain to your Downloaded instance.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Mike

Suggest an answer