Download of backup

Gerhard Metzger March 23, 2015

Hi,

I made a backup of our JIRA data in the cloud. The backup file is displayed.

But when I try to download it, I am asked for autentification; but my autentification does not work. And it is like this for all our users. In October 2014 it still worked.

Best reagards

Gerhard

4 answers

0 votes
Anders Eriksson June 24, 2015

Hi Gerhard,

Maybe this is already solved bur here is my answer. I am new to JIRA and administrator of a project since I just started one. I tried the backup function but experienced the same problem as you.

The error was that I used my email-adress in the user field when logging in to WebDAV. When I use my JIRA Username which is "admin" by default (click on your profile) it all works well.

Best regards/ Anders

0 votes
Gerhard Metzger April 1, 2015

Hi Andre,

sorry, my problem is not yet solved. Could you please give me some more idea.

Thank you very much

Gerhard

0 votes
Gerhard Metzger March 25, 2015

Hi Andre,

I am member in the administraors group and I see also the backup file.

But when I try to download it, I get the message, that authorization is required. And when I put in my account and password, I get an error message.

So I need some more advice.

Thank you

Gerhard

0 votes
Andre Borzzatto
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 23, 2015

Hi Gerard,

As your backup is stored in the WebDAV, to download the backup, which means, accessing the WebDAV, there's a need to use an account who possess JIRA administrators permission.

If you have changed the default administrative groups, then you might be facing a problem with permissions.

So, please read the following KB and let us know if it helped to solve the problem or not:

Thanks!

Suggest an answer