Download issues in an excel file from desired issue number

DeepakBhatia June 17, 2012

Hi,

We have around 25000 issues in JIRA and each view page in issue navigator gives 1000 issues.

But say I am on 3rd page, will this start downloading the issues from 3001 issue number.

But it starts the download from issue #1 from in the excel file.

Can we download from the desired issues number starting from issue number say 1 or 2001 or 10001 etc in the issue navigator page ?

Regards

Deepak Bhatia

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2012

Not that I'm aware of - the point of the excel download is that it exports a filter result. There's no pagination in a list of issues. But you're then running into the "only allow 1000 issues as more starts to overload the Jira server" limit.

This really does beg the question - what on earth do you need 25000 issues in a spreadsheet for? I can be pretty sure that there's a much better way to do what you think you need Excel for.

DeepakBhatia June 21, 2012

But say for example I have 3000 issues and I am 2nd page say from 1001 to 2000. Then issues doesn't download from 1001 to 2000, they always download from 1 to 1000.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2012

Yes, that's because the download is exporting a filter result. Your filter returns 25k issues, so it's exporting them one at a time. But then you run into the 1000 limit and it stops.

My point is that the download is NOT done in pages (because the filter isn't), so I don't think there's any way to say "download issues from 3000 to 4000" - it's trying to do the whole lot, every time.

Seriously - why are you trying to do this though? If you told us what problem you're trying to solve, we may have a better option than "arbitrarily huge download that probably won't work"

Suggest an answer