Download all attachments with single click

Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2012

hi,

can i download all the attachments of jira ticket at once instead of downloading one by one.

i have 10-20 attachments for my jira tickets, i want to download all of them in one shot. can i do this one without downloading one by one.

Is there any other where i can manager(or arrange attachments) as groups.

Sreenivas.

3 answers

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2012

On the view page, in the Attachments section, there is drop down when you click on the small down arrow on the right of the staright line. Once you click on that you will see various options to manage attachments and "Download All" is one option.

Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 11, 2012

can i arrange the attachments as groups or segregate to different folders?

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 11, 2012

Haven't seen a way to do that.

Paige Wood September 24, 2018

This does not work in the new view

Like # people like this
Bruno Bronosky September 15, 2019

The new view lacks this option. I have a ticket with 20 PDFs attached and the browser displays each in browser rather than allowing a download. I found that I can get JSON from the API by changing domain.xxx/browse/TICKET-9999 to domain.xxx/rest/api/2/issue/TICKET-9999 and then use `jq` to extract the attachments with the query `[.fields.attachment[] | .content]`

Like Jim Neuendorf likes this
kyle30312 September 26, 2019

As mentioned, Download All is in the Attachments "..." menu but only on the old issue view. (You can turn off "New JIRA Issue View" in JIRA settings, or click "See the old view" at the top of the issue page.)

Note that JIRA's Download All gives you a .zip file, but there's a Chrome extension to download all the individual files, so it's useful when you don't want a .zip: JIRA Attachment Download. It does not presently work with the new issue view.

Like # people like this
stevemc January 13, 2020

@Atlassian, Why do you keep taking away useful features? I'm getting really annoyed at your product mgmt who thinks pretty is more important than functional.  Why would you think that someone would not need to download all attachments at once?

Like # people like this
Heaton March 18, 2020

So this has been removed now? That sucks. 

Like # people like this
Amy Chan April 1, 2020

@stevemc The download attachment function is there, just hidden by the UX.  Click the 3 dots to the right of the Attachments section.  There is a menu option to download all attachments (JIRA 7.13)

Richard Hough July 8, 2020

@Amy can you provide a screenshot of what you are talking about? I see no “down arrow” nor “three dots” in the attachment section.

Elizabeth Acuña Chairez August 5, 2020

Is only for server.Download attachment.JPG

Tully, Chris August 12, 2020

@Atlassian loosing features makes your product worse not better. Further pretty little tiles to display attached files with truncated names is no better than hitting your thumb with hammer! I nearly screwed up a task because your interface lacks the option to download all attachments at once. I just spent the 15 minutes that the task should have taken hacking up the html on your site to make all of the files visible at once. What a waste of time and energy!

If you can't keep existing features in a new UI, don't bother!

martin leathem August 13, 2020

You can still (for now?) get this...  you have to flip into the old-view mode 
( URL?oldIssueView=true )

please @kuromiya  do keep the download all feature.  It would be an bad UX to remove this  ( insaine to remove a feature that is already hidden )

Like # people like this
Tully, Chris August 13, 2020

Yes I saw that after I wasted the time hacking the site by hand. 

IMO, Atlassian's idea of progress is to throw out all of the old code and start from scratch and hope nobody notice. And then ignore everyone when they do notice and complain.

Like Leo Lei likes this
1 vote
Mateusz Daleki January 22, 2013

Hi,

check this plugin Download Attachments for JIRA. With it you can download all attachments from JIRA search result. Attachments are grouped by issue and zipped into one archive. You can download attachments with only 3 clicks. See more on documentation page.

0 votes
LukashP January 22, 2013

I also recommend the plugin mentioned my Mateusz. It works wonders.

Suggest an answer