Download To OnDemand

wu jieren May 27, 2013

HI, one of our partners has plan to purchase your jira and confluence Cloud base solution (or ondemand solution). Until now, they still use our own jira & confluence downloaded instance, installed on our production servers.

I wanna know, if there is a way to migrate all their data, from our own instance to the new cloud instance. By all data, I mean (wiki pages, images, attached files, jira issues, users, user groups, workflows, etc...)

Thanks a lot for your answer.

Best regards.

jrw/Paris

3 answers

2 votes
PeterKoczan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 27, 2013

Hi,

Yes it is possible. You would need to create a staging instance (exact copy of the production instance), then upgrade it to the latest OD version of Confluence. From there you can then export your data space-by-space and import it on your OnDemand instance.

This however will not migrate users and groups, but you can provide a CSV export of that data, which can then be loaded by our engineers. I suggest that you create an OnDemand evaluation and test how it works yourself, this will not require buying the ondemand license until you verify everything works as expected.

Kind regards,

Peter

1 vote
PeterKoczan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 27, 2013

Yep, the same stands for JIRA, exporting/importing projects should work without problem, also for user management.

0 votes
wu jieren May 27, 2013

Thanks Peter,

What is about jira? Can we do similar operations on it?

Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
June 3, 2013

Adding Import Data documentation which might help as well. :)

Suggest an answer