Dont show a transition if it is beyond 7 days of resolution date

Meenakshi Nainwal May 16, 2016

Hi

I want to disable the option to reopen the issue after resolution if the resolution date in beyond 7 days.

For the same I have used the given below condition on my workflow transition. But the option for reopening the issue has hidden from all the issues irrespective of the date.

Please suggest the reason for the same and how to fix it?

Update parameters of the Value Field Condition for this transition.

Field: Resolved

Condition: <

Value: 7d

Comparison Type: Date without time

2 answers

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 20, 2021

Hello,

Just an update for those who may step on this thread: 

The value field condition does not work against relative time as "-7d" when using a date field. We have a suggestion created to allow this possibility:

As an admin, I'd like to set a date comparison condition in the workflow as a JQL search 

For now, the only way to "Block" a transition from being made if the date value is not higher than a relative time would be to use the "Date compare validator". These would be the steps:

1. Select the relevant project > Project settings > workflow
  2. Click the Pencil icon to edit the relevant workflow;
  3. Select the relevant transition, then click Validators;
  4. Click Add Validator, select Date Compare Validator, then click Add;
  5. Configure the validator as needed, then click Add;
  6. Don't forget to publish the workflow draft

Screen Shot 2021-01-20 at 15.07.57.png

I hope that helps!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2016

I think your condition says "Block transition if the resolution date is before a week in the future", which will always block everything (unless you have a TARDIS handy)

Try < -7d instead

Thanks but this is also not working.

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2016

Try: > -7d

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2016

Mmm, I think I have taken the wrong guess at what "resolution date in beyond 7 days" actually means (as written, it doesn't make sense).  I think Ignacio's answer may be the right one.

Thanks but this is also not working. The transition blocks for all the issues .

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2016

Then, you might better want to restrict the Reopen transition to users that belong to the Administrators project role instead, and limit who are being given with such a role.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 17, 2016

Ok, I've just tried > -7d and that does what I expect - if the issue was resolved in the last 7 days, I can transition it.  If it's older, I can't.

Could you confirm that this is what "resolution date in beyond 7 days" means?  Or is it something else?

Meenakshi Nainwal May 17, 2016

Yes I mean the same.

Suggest an answer